Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Kindergarten Girl Finds Success with IM

As time allows, I've been working on getting some video documentation of what IM does visually. In IM the physical, visual changes are blantantly obvious, but there are just as many emotional, social, attentional and academic changes. These visible changes represent some of the non-visible mental pathway changes that impact the quality of life. Below is a note from this kindergartner's mom when I asked her if I could post this video. Her daughter went through IM about 5 months ago.

"Posting this is fine with me. Thanks for asking. E---- is doing well. She does seem to have matured a LOT this year. It feels like she went from kindergarten to 2nd grade. She’s doing well in school. "

Maturation - that's the single most common statement that I get post IM, they just seem to be maturing, quickly! :)



Note - I'll mostly show the basic IM tasks as those are the tasks everyone is familiar with, a good reference point. Most providers, myself included, use a variety of tasks. My 'Basic' format uses the researched basic IM tasks for the most part. Sync, Core conditioning, Advanced and Visual Modes use other tasks for the most part. I mix and match tasks according to the child's needs.